Backorder – BigCommerce Custom Functionality
Allow your customers to order products that are not in stock at the moment.
Backorders simply lets your buyers/customer know that the product is not available currently, but they can still order and receive a later day. This way, you don’t lose a valuable customer, and customers don’t have to leave your shop and hustle somewhere else.
Price start from: $500 USD
A lot of BigCommerce store owners are looking for a sure shot solution that can offer backorder facility. Right now, BigCommerce users are using adjustive ways to fulfill this motive, but there’s no precise solution available in the market.
PSDCenter has a custom solution available that can meet your requirements. But first, let’s understand what backorder means?
What is Backorder?
When store owners don’t have enough inventory of a particular product, they have to keep the product hidden from the customers or simply show “Out of Stock” on the product page. This simply restricts buyers from purchasing the products.
Backorders simply lets your buyers know that the product is not available currently, but they can still preorder and receive on a particular day. This way, you don’t lose a valuable customer, and customers don’t have to leave your shop and hustle somewhere else.
Let’s say, one of your customers wants 25 numbers of the same toy for some charity work. But the problem is, you have only 15 pieces available at the moment. You can arrange for the rest of the 10 pieces, but it will take a couple of days more.
With our BigCommerce backorder custom solution, you can allow the customer to purchase 25 pieces. You can simply show that 15 pieces will be delivered on a particular date, but the rest of the 10 pieces will be delivered later due to unavailability of stocks.
- Buyers can still continue with the purchase.
- You don’t lose a valuable customer due to lack of inventory.
- You don’t have to deactivate products from the list.
- You can continue serve regular customers.
- You receive the money in advance.
- Currently, BigCommerce users are intentionally increasing the actual inventory stock, so they can arrange for inventory manually and customers can still order. For example, adding 100 more to the actual stock, so shop owners know when to arrange for new inventory. This method can be confusing and can hamper your inventory calculations. With our Backorder custom solution, you can simply maintain the actual numbers.
Basically, any store can use this custom solution where they can receive orders, despite the lack of inventory.
Click here to Contact PSDCenter to implement this solution on your store. Our experts will make sure this feature adds value to your store.